Monday, August 15, 2005

Burrrrrrr

Ok so I am doing two posts today. Get over it--I'm bored. Really, I have nothing to do but sit here and pretend that I am working. Work can be so busy that I want to tear out my hair or so slow that I want to tear out my hair. Really, there is rarely that happy medium where I want to just leave my hair alone.
Today the office feels like the freezer section at the grocery store. It's so cold that I have a headache and I don't want to touch my desk because it's frozen. And because it is so slow, I notice the temperature that much more. At one point, we all got space heaters because the a/c was up so high in the middle of the winter. We had to turn them off though because they aren't energy efficient. I guess they figured that they'd rather have employees spend their hard earned money on the physical ramifications of having such a bitterly cold working environment. Or they were sick of the heaters blowing out the fuses, causing all of our computers to go off. Now you are probably wondering why they don't just turn down the a/c. Well let's address that. It's the most obvious and simple solution, right? Well, let me tell you what happens when you turn down the a/c. There are offices that surround the cubicle area. The air in their offices is tied to the air in the cubicle area. So any slight adjustment in temperature out here, is a major adjustment in there. Turn down the a/c and you will see heads spinning up and away from bloated sweating bodies. I don't really care about them though. They make more money than I do and they have a window....which are probably two of the reasons why I don't get my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home