Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Windows

It's time for me to free myself from the cubicle. The count down begins now. I feel like I just found out that I am being released from prison and I get to go outside for the first time in a year....It will be a year and a half when I leave. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my job--I hate the confined space. I hate that the people who have actual offices with big windows come in every day and shut their blinds. Why can't I trade places with that person??? How could a person who obviously hates the outside that much be allowed to have a giant windowed office? A while ago, all of the boxes were cleaned out of one of the offices and desks were put in. Do you know who got to sit there overlooking the beautiful grass, trees, and buildings? THE INTERNS. What in the world are we doing putting people that are here PART TIME and who do not need to be sitting at a desk all day in a cush office with a window that spans an entire wall?! Why couldn't some of the regular staff go in there? I will tell you why. Because we need to be in a central spot that is easily 'looked in on' if you know what I mean. So what about the interns? Shouldn't they be 'looked in on'? They are tucked away in that office where no one of higher authority frequently goes. How much work is getting done in there? I will tell you. I was left 'in charge' one day and I had to give the interns work to do. It was getting close to the end of the day and I went in their office to figure out how busy they were and they were all sitting around chatting away. So I found some work and brought it in to one of them as the others were all leaving for the day. Not 5 minutes later, I went back in there to talk to the last lonely intern about something and I found him with his lap top open and he was playing a VIDEO GAME. So now I'm thinking is this what they do all day? Is this what I am missing out on? Where do I sign up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home