Thursday, May 12, 2005

It's that time again! Office Birthday Party!

In my office I sometimes feel like I'm on that episode of Seinfeld: Elaine's office is constantly finding reasons to celebrate something in the afternoons. Remember that one? She boycotts the parties not realizing the addiction to sugar she's developed in the late afternoons. She ends up eating a super expensive cake stored in her bosses refridgerator. It's funny--just like most episodes of Seinfeld are--ok all episodes are.
I feel so generic signing the birthday cards for my co workers. Really, most of them I don't really care to celebrate their birthday nor do I really feel like I have anything meaningful to write in their card. There have been times where I didn't even know who the person was and I had to sign their card. If I don't know who they are, how will they know who I am? "Happy Birthday! - Tracy" Who is Tracy?? Maybe I shouldn't sign those cards anymore.
Everybody writes the same thing: happy birthday, have a happy birthday, hope you had a happy birthday, and so on. It's annoying. If everyone is going to write the same thing, then why don't we just write one message and each sign our names?
I'm going to not complain or be cynical about it anymore. I'll sign whatever card you want me to--let's face it, I don't want to end up searching for 200 year old cake in my bosses office because I like the afternoon sugar high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home