Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Cube Buddy

So this is the cubicle set up in my office. All of the 'walls' are about 4 feet high. This means that when I am sitting at my desk, the top of the 'wall' is level with the top of my head. If I sit up really straight, I can see the person in the next cube. There are ten desks total and we are lined up two by two. Some of the desks have three 'walls' and some of them, like mine, have two. I don't even have a full cube so technically I have a triangle--triangbicle. This is how I have a 'cube buddy'. Having a cube buddy is kinda like having a roommate. You have to listen to their phone conversations, smell their perfume, and listen to their music. You can't get away from it because there is no where to go. Not only am I trapped in a small area for 8 hours a day of my life, but I trapped with another person. A person who's smell I don't necessarily enjoy; a person who listens to country music-the same 20 songs over and over; and, this is my favorite, a person who will ask a client on the phone to 'hang on' so that they can answer their cel phone. (crazy but true and on more than one occasion!) So what do I do to survive the madness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home