Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Loud Talkers

The other day, I almost took cover under my desk when someone on the phone yelled, "GIVE 'EM HELL!" I sit right outside of the CEO's and the head of PR's offices. Both tend to get really excited while on the phone and they talk really loud--at times loud enough that it's almost distracting and disruptive. (I mean, how can a girl concentrate on her IM's when they are talking? She can't, she just can't!) One day, the CEO walked by when the PR guy was on the phone talking extra loud. The CEO turned to us and said, "He is loud! Do you want me to go and shut his door?" All of us just stared at him blankly like are you serious? Have you heard yourself on the phone? And then he asked us a question that really had only one right answer, "I don't talk that loud do I?" It was like a fat person asking you if they look fat. How can you respond to that without hurting their feelings or in this case getting fired? Of course we became sheepish and replied, "Not really?"
The high volume continues....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home