Thursday, October 20, 2005

cake

So a few weeks ago, I put in my notice at work. Yesterday, I sent out an email to the company just to let them know of my departure next week. I wanted to be like the host of the Bachelor, and give people a chance to 'take a moment and say their goodbyes'. I feel like I've made some 'connections' with people that will be 'long lasting friendships'. (Ok I'll stop pretending like I'm on a reality show now.) I've had a mixture of response from people--most have been really positive. It's kind of amazing to see the little things that you do can affect someone so much and you have absolutely no idea what high regard you are held in. I was sitting in my office and someone walked up to me and well I think this is my favorite response so far:
"So do I get a cake out of your departure? Who do I talk to so that I can put my order in? I like strawberry cake. Yes, I'm serious. Are you going to be in charge of this?"
There was no "thanks for all of your help" or "we'll miss you" or "good luck". Just where and when do I get my dessert for your going away party. What the crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home